5.11.2010

Life Inspirations: The Marathon of Events

The past six months of my life have been overbooked with extracurricular activities; however, the overzealous scheduling was completely by choice. I like to think of myself as an individual who thrives under pressure, by helping others and on staying active. I recently trained for my first marathon with Team In Training and fund-raised for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I ran my first marathon exactly one month ago in Paris and it was an amazingly euphoric experience!

Running is a release for me. I am able to think clearly and remove myself from the rest of the world while my feet are hitting the pavement. My daily runs are therapeutic to say the least. Running 26.2 miles through the streets of Paris was beyond therapeutic, it was absolutely life changing! Seeing the beautiful sights of Paris while running past the infamous Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe,  Avenue des Champs-Elysees , The Louvre, The Siene River, Nortre Dame Cathedral and countless other spectacles was an awe-inspiring experience. The finish line was also high on my list of sights to see! The marathon of events leading up to Paris with training and fund-raising was a welcomed challenge that, along with the marathon itself, provided me with great motivation in my personal as well as professional life. I pushed my mind and body to the limit and limped away with the greatest feeling of success and accomplishment! I just may be able to do anything that I put my mind to!




No comments:

Post a Comment